City staff are set to present a report to City Council on March 29th that will provide updates on the implementation of the Broadway Plan to date, as well as some policy recommendations. Key items of the presentation will include:
– A report back on a “pace of change” approach to manage redevelopment impacts on existing renters
– Amendments to the View Protection Guidelines (1989) to enable more job space and housing near rapid transit by clarifying the guidelines for protected public views to City Hall
– Minor amendments to the False Creek Flats Plan (2017) to align with the Broadway Plan
– A Fixed Development Contribution Framework to provide more clarity on public benefit contributions from new developments
– An update on proposals for zoning amendments in industrial areas and commercial shopping areas to help streamline new development
– Report back on active transportation lanes along Broadway
Additional details about the report will be available on the City’s website closer to the meeting date.